Friday, September 13, 2013

ON THE ROAD AGAIN... TO WINCHESTER, IDAHO

A couple weeks ago, William and I drove to Winchester, Idaho, about 3 1/2 hours east of the Tri-Cities.  What a beautiful drive!  The southern part of Washington State is mostly farmland and vineyards.  The skies are so pretty with fluffy clouds and amazing sunsets. 

 

 
  
 
 
 
  
 
 
  
 
 
  
 
 
  
We were invited a couple months ago to meet up with a friend of ours, Suuqiina, who would be speaking Tuesday night in Winchester, Idaho.
 
   
 
William & I with our friend Dr. Suuqiina
 
 
Dr. Suuqiina and his wife Qaumaniq have travelled thousands of miles across Canada and the U.S., ministering together in churches, home groups, Messianic synagogues, Native Gatherings, and Schools, bringing the Good News of the Gospel of Messiah.
 
William and I had fun exploring their land and seeing how three different families live, farm, build, and cultivate life each day.  
Breathtaking beauty!  We also enjoyed getting to meet some new friends on our adventure who have a heart for the Lord and who are learning to farm and live off the land.
  

 
Barn built by hand(s)
 
  
 
 
 He would not turn around for the camera! 
 
 
  
 
  
 
 
 
William & I enjoying the beautiful
sunshine and cool air
 
 
  
 
 
Hello there!   


 

 
 
  
 
 



 
 
  



  
 

 
The cutest farm animal of all!
 
 
 
 
 
One of the families used this  for about six months while their home was being built. 
Talk about living off the land! 
They now have indoor plumbing by the way. 
 
 
 
 
BEAUTIFUL sun RISE
 
WOW!  So amazing!  I can't remember the last time I was up early enough to see a sunrise.  Yes, thanks to the roosters who insisted on crowing   every. hour. I was able to snap this photo, then go right back to sleep.    Of course.
 
  
 
  
 
 MORNING HIKE
 
We were told it would take about 15 minutes to get down to the creek & at least a half hour to journey back.  That was no exaggeration!  It was a beautiful hike, the pine trees smelled amazing, but YES! It was a steep hike back up the mountain and I am quite sure it took us more than a half hour with our many stops for rest along the way.      




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 



 
 
 
  
 
 
 
Have a blessed week and enjoy the beautiful fall! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment