Last week my hubby and I took a short road trip to Leavenworth, Washington. Leavenworth is located at the base of the eastern slope of the Cascade Mountains, in the center of Washington state. This little town with a population of about 2,000 is a popular tourist town because of it's charming Bavarian theme in an Alps-like setting.
We spent most of the afternoon climbing around the rocks along the river, and enjoyed the breezy fresh mountain
air just outside of town.
What was so funny you ask? Well, if you look at the next picture (right below this one), you'll see that my husband wanted to be tough and throw this big huge log into the river. I was taking a video of him and not watching where he was throwing the log. It happened to (purposefully) land right near where I was standing and got me just a wee bit wet. I didn't mind since my phone didn't get wet. But ask me about our camera with a lens that won't close because some sand from the beach got inside the camera... actually, you can ask my husband and he'll tell you all about it.
My strong and handsome guy
We stopped for a mid-afternoon snack at a German restaurant in town. LOVE me some German food (go figure since I am part German and I grew up on brats and sauerkraut). Hubby noticed some steps that went upstairs to a balcony. We decided to take the road (steps) less traveled and we had the whole balcony to ourselves (for about 3 minutes). The view was beautiful as we could see the mountains all around, and were surrounded by flowers and grape vines. This little birdie stopped by to join us, looking for a hand out.
Happy 6 1/2 year anniversary my sweet husband. You are amazing and I love spending my life with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment